Week of October 8- October 12
- Vocabulary and Grammar (daily) on Monday-Friday -click below for any lessons missed due to attendance
- Current Event Journal due Friday 10/12
- We will complete background information/pre-reading activities for the Salem Witch Trials/The Crucible
- On Tuesday 10/9 we will begin reading Act 1 in class of The Crucible; if you're absent, please email me about our reading for the day so that you do not get behind
- Be prepared for a pop reading quiz later in the week :)
Week of October 4- October 5
- Review Vocabulary 1 (group quiz)
- Pre-reading activities for The Crucible ("Half Hanged Mary" poetry cafe & Current Event Articles-Dialectical Journal about Hurricane)
Weeks of September 17-28: SCHOOL CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE FLORENCE
- Parents and Students: please be patient as we are slowly getting back into our routine
- Many dates on the calendar are tentative because we do not know when school days/hours will be made up
- Please email me with any concerns about content, or items covered.
.Week of September 10- September 14...SCHOOL CANCELLED DUE TO HURRICANE FLORENCE (Sept. 11-14)
- No Grammar this week!
- Vocabulary activities every day (please get any activities missed)...I will collect these warm-ups!
- We will continue our Native American Literature unit (read "Origin Myth" by the Navajo tribe and "Iroquois Constitution" by the Iroquois)
- By the end of the week, you will each be in a group that presents a modern day interpretation of the Origin myths
- Vocabulary 1 QUIZ on Friday 9/14
Week of September 4- September 7
- Self Examination is due to turnitin.com by end of class TUESDAY
- We will begin Vocabulary and Grammar (daily) on Tuesday-click below for any lessons missed due to attendance
- Tuesday-Friday: Begin Native American Literature Unit in textbook; complete "Earth on Turtle's Back", "When Grizzlies Walked Upright", "Origin Myth" short stories and assignments
- Activities will be completed on each story-quiz at end of unit (potentially 9/13 or 9/14)
- Current Event Journal due Friday
Week of August 27- August 31
- Welcome Back!
- Please get your syllabus signed and come Tuesday with your class material
- We will begin Current Event Journals this week, as well as do our first essay (Self Examination). More information to come!